Conference Registration is now OPEN!
Early Bird Rates in effect until November 6th
4th Annual Ecological Farmers of Ontario Conference
November 29-December 1, 2017
Blue Mountain Resort, Blue Mountains, ON
Visit conference.efao.ca or call 1-877-822-8606 to register.
Join over 300 ecological growers and supporters from across Ontario and beyond for an incredible three days packed full of practical farmer training, networking opportunities, and celebration.
A draft program illustrating this year’s theme, Rebuilding Rural Economies from the Ground Up, is now available online.
Conference program highlights include:
- Thursday keynote address by Shannon Hayes, the Radical Homemaker
- Friday keynote address by Lauren Martin of the Canadian Organic Trade Association
- Speaker panel on co-operative farming models, facilitated by Faith Gilbert of Letterbox Farm Collective
- Intensive pasture management & land restoration with Shawn & Beth Dougherty, authors of The Independent Farmstead
- Farm business management sessions addressing cost of production, marketing, and labour management
- Soil-focused workshops on topics such as low-input agriculture and soil carbon sequestration
- Workshops on grain production, intercropping, natural beekeeping, seed crops, and animal health
- Tours at The New Farm and Eat Local Grey Bruce
- Many more exciting topics and speakers!
Early-bird pricing ends November 6th:
$185 Full conference pass (members)
$40 In-depth Wednesday workshops and tours* (members)
$35 Winter Harvest Dinner (Wednesday)
$35 Banquet Dinner and Member Recognition Ceremony (Thursday)
*Included in a full conference pass.
More pricing options (including single day passes and non-member pricing) available on the conference website.
Posted September 27, 2017 in: Event by Martina Schaefer